Our Barn and Wedding Location
The perfect wedding begins with an exceptional location. Our Elegant Barn Wedding Venue at Justin Trails Resort is located near Sparta in the Driftless Region of Southwest Wisconsin. The rustic resort ambiance, where natural organic surroundings meet romance, is the perfect setting for rehearsal dinners, outdoor wedding ceremonies as well as dinners and dances inside our Elegant Barn. Our stunning 200-acre property is nestled in a peaceful, quiet valley with a beautifully landscaped property. Your ceremony is sure to be a photographer’s dream! We host only one wedding at a time to ensure you have an exclusive, intimate experience.
Whether you’re celebrating a wedding, elopement or LGBT union, join us for your special day arriving as a guest and leaving as a friend. We will help you create lasting memories and a haven to return to year after year for your Anniversary.
Say “I do” with a destination wedding and create an experience that is uniquely yours by spending a mini-vacation with friends and family.
- Great “Meet-in-the-Middle” location: Near Sparta Wisconsin Exit 25 off I-90, close to Hwy 27 and Hwy 33.
- Lush green, hilly, quiet, private valley located far from busy streets.
- About 30 minutes to nearest La Crosse Wisconsin airport.
- Within 10 minutes of Sparta Wisconsin.
- 3 major hotels within 10 minutes: Best Western, Country Inn & Suites and Super 8.
- Plenty of free onsite parking.
- Several large spaces with restrooms to get ready.
- Huge, grassy spaces for lawn games and safe for kids to play.
- Spectacular views and gazillions of stars at night.
Elegant Barn Weddings
Up to 200 guests – Love the idea of a country wedding, relaxing outdoors surrounded by friends and family, celebrating in a charming barn – then our Elegant Barn is the wedding venue for you! Our barn weddings in Wisconsin can be dressed up or dressed down to match the style and decor of your wedding. We offer flexibility so you can “make it your own!”
- 1919 timber frame Elegant Barn renovated into a modern event space.
- In the event of rain, your ceremony can be held inside our Elegant Barn.
- Host DJ/band anywhere inside 3000 square foot loft space with plenty of electricity.
- Smooth tongue and groove wood floor sustainably harvested from our farm.
- 4 large indoor restrooms, two include showers.
- 1000 square foot wrap around wood deck with covered balcony.
- The balcony is a great space to host your buffet dinner.
Outdoor Wedding Ceremonies
Up to 200 guests – Our resort is privately owned and nestled in a peaceful, quiet valley with three acres of manicured lawns and beautifully landscaped English gardens. We landscaped with a photographer’s eye in mind to create a romantic setting for intimate ceremonies for two, outdoor wedding ceremonies or larger tented celebrations. Couples may choose from a diverse selection of backdrops for their ceremony including lush meadows, woodland and majestic hills up to a quarter of a mile away from the main facility. We are happy to help you with planning transport of guests. Garden wedding ceremonies are set within walking distance of restroom facilities in our Elegant Barn and lodging.
- Choose from a dozen outdoor ceremony sites around our property.
Up to 24 guests + rustic tent camping for up to 30
Take over this extraordinary space and make it your own. The best part of choosing Justin Trails Resort for your wedding is the time you spend with friends, family, and pets. We offer romantic cabins, cottages and farmhouse suites for up to 24 guests to stay on-site at our Wisconsin bed and breakfast. We also have several campsites for outdoor enthusiasts. Guests will enjoy plenty of room to play lawn games and enjoy the outdoors, walk on our trails, enjoy a bonfire, stargaze or just relax and soak it all in. We recommend couples choose our romantic Little House on The Prairie log cabin for their weddingmoon.
Theme & Setting
- We host one wedding at a time to ensure an exclusive, intimate experience.
- We allow your choice of tables and chairs rental, and you can arrange them any way you like. We can recommend vendors or you may choose your own.
- Decorate to suit your style! Your weekend rental includes time to decorate on Thursday, rehearsal on Friday, ceremony and reception on Saturday and time to remove decorations on Sunday.
- Enjoy a rural farming theme, including a variety of fun backdrops for photographs.
- Use your choice of a licensed caterer without an up charge. Beer and wine for your event must be purchased through Justin Trails Resort.
Guest Comfort & Fun
- Our professionally engineered barn includes adequate ventilation and spacious bathrooms with handicap access to accommodate your family and friends with special needs.
- Justin Trails Resort provides outdoor recreation on site for all ages, including two disc golf courses, playground area, bonfire circle, and groomed trails for hiking.
- We have a playground and large grassy areas for children to play away from busy streets. Our llamas love eating treats right out of your hand! There is plenty of room to play lawn games like croquet, volleyball and softball. Your friends, family and pets will be able to enjoy the outdoors, walk on our trails, hike up to our Rock, play disc golf, enjoy a bonfire, stargaze or just relax and soak it all in.
- Tents provide versatility to spread out for wedding celebrations of 200+ guests. Serve dinner in your tent then head over to our Elegant Barn for social time and dancing. Our spacious lawn and perennial flower gardens include plenty of room for a large 40′ x 140′ tent. Ample parking is located within easy walking distance.
Safety & Parking
- Donna Justin is a certified wedding venue owner and will be available all weekend to assist you. We also provide security personnel through the entire evening.
- The property includes free, lighted parking and handicap parking for your guests.
- Our barn has been reviewed by an engineering firm and Department of Safety and Professional Services. We have plenty of electrical outlets and circuits for all your needs, as well as a heat detection system with two phone lines to call the fire department in case of an emergency.
Booking & Payment
- We require that you book resort lodging Friday and Saturday night for total privacy, intimacy and plenty of room to spread out. Onsite lodging is available for 24 guests. Rustic tent camping is also available for up to 30.
- Enjoy Saturday and Sunday morning together with family, friends and a delicious breakfast served in The Lodge between 7:30 am and 10:00 am.
- We offer a flexible payment schedule and provide liability insurance for your event.
- See our frequently asked questions for more details on our Wisconsin wedding venue.
You must get the marriage license in the county you reside and then you can be married anywhere in the state. (If the Bride and Groom are from separate counties, you may go to either county.) Non-residents must get their license in the county that the marriage takes place. (Justin Trails Resort is in Monroe County.) Contact Monroe County Clerk’s Office 608-269-8705 202 South K St., Sparta, WI. 54656. No appointment is necessary. Both parties need to be present. Bring with you: Social Security number, photo id, certified birth certificate with a stamp from the register of deeds where you were born (not the hospital copy), if a prior marriage then you need a document stamped from the court of divorce or annulment or death certificate.
Our charming wedding venue provides a picture-perfect backdrop throughout the changing seasons. Nature’s beauty provides lovely scenery and a relaxed vibe giving you the freedom to create a cozy DIY country celebration.